Please read the instructions carefully:
1-NO PLAGIARISM I WILL CHECK
2- YOU MUST READ EVERYTHING, PLEASE DON’T SHAKE HAND BEFORE READING EVERYTHING
3-FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS DIRECTED IN THE QUESTIONS.
4-CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED SOMETHING DONT GUESS.
I. Based on the textbook reading, what are the benefits of rhetoric in personal communication? Academic? Professional? (1-2 paragraph 1 paragraph = 5-8 sentences)
II. Words and actions can create controversy. Consider issues in education that has generated controversy. Complete the following for four (4) possible topics.
III. Which topic piques your interest most? Why? What concerns do you have about choosing this topic?
General topic: Issues in Education
General Ideas to get you thinking:
• Public or private early childhood, elementary, middle/high school, community college, university, post-graduate studies, alternative schools & programs
• Teachers, staff, administration, students, parents, communities, politicians, etc.
• Resources, cost, pay, opportunities, curriculum, testing, facilities, school/district policies, discipline
• Sports, tutoring, special programs, music, academics, electives, graduation requirements, college requirements, school involvement on a variety of issues.
Make sure your topic is controversial
• A controversial topic is one that people have different opinions about.
• Narrow your topic to clarify the direction you want to take in your paper and the overall argument you will make.
• The next two screens show how to move an informative topic to a controversial topic.
Topics to avoid
• •Obesity in school children (overly argued)
• •Physical Education in schools (obvious results)
• •Religion/Prayer in the Classroom
• •School lunches (overly argued)
• •Arming teachers (lack of research)
• •School Uniforms (overly argued)
• •Parental Involvement (obvious results)
• •Bullying in schools (obvious results)
• •Homeschooling (obvious results)
• •Proficiency grading (lack of research)
• Avoid these topics. Submission of these topics for consideration will earn a zero.
Topics to consider
• •Repeating a grade.
• •National curriculum standards (K-12)
• •Shortened school weeks
• •Year round school
• •Online high school
• •Play Based Learning
• •Academic Preschools
• •Technology in lower grades
• •Project Based Learning
• •Teacher Assessment Programs
• •Crowd Sourcing Education
• •Gender Equality in the Classroom
• •Full Day Kindergarten
• •Federally Funded Preschool
• •College Readiness Programs
• •Character Education
• •Year round school
• •Sports impact on Academics
• •Tracking Programs
• •School-to-Work Programs
• •School Discipline Programs
• •Bilingual Education
• •Contingent Faculty Positions
• •Collective Bargaining
• •Life Skills Programs
• •School Choice
• •Student Retention (higher ed)
• •GED programs
• •Alternative School Programs
• •Sex Ed Programs
• •Exam Preparation Curriculum
• •College Athlete Pay
• •Portfolio Curriculum
• •Health Education
• •Single-Sex Schools
• •Technology Free Education
• •Distance Learning Degrees
• •Cooperative Teaching
• •College Loan Repayment