The midterm for this course is the creation of a sport facility profile paper. Based on the knowledge obtained in this course and previous coursework, you create a complete overview of a facility and its amenities. Make sure to include topics discussed throughout this course.
- Choose a facility to research.
- Prepare a 5- to 6-page paper on the facility.
- The focus of the paper should be a complete overview of the facility and its amenities.
- Questions to consider:
- What was the funding procedure for the facility?
- How was the facility approved?
- What types of amenities are provided at this facility?
- How does it compare with other similar facilities?
- What makes this facility unique or innovative?
- What hurdles did the city and/or franchise have to overcome to build the facility?
- What was the cost for the facility?
- What are the major sponsorship agreements in place?
- Has this facility set the bar for any other facilities?