This assignment is including two parts
You will write a paper on your choice of one of the ethical issues listed by your instructor (see below). Discuss your perspective on the issue, supporting your arguments with the ethical thinking of one or more of the philosophers covered in this course.
In Session 11, each student is expected to submit their Essay Outline & sources. This includes the following:
- Essay topic (chosen ethical issue)
- Summary of student’s ethical perspective on the issue
- Ethical theory or theories they will use to support arguments in the essay
- Four sources that will be cited
The final version of the essay is
The essay must be 5 to 6 pages in length, typed, double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font. APA or MLA format may be used. The pages must have 1-inch margins all around. Cover and sources pages do not count as the body of the 5 to 6 page essay.
Use at least FOUR sources; two sources must be accessed from the Ivy Tech Virtual Library: http://library.ivytech.edu/c.php?g=429100&p=2927303. The textbook or Web materials may be cited as sources, but please do not cite Wikipedia or similar information sites (such as Ask.com or About.com), films, blogs, online videos, or comics. The essay is worth 100 points.
Choose ONE of the following ethical issues:
- Animal Rights
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)
- Capital Punishment
- Cloning/Stem Cell Research/Fetal Experimentation (discuss one or more areas)
- Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide (discuss one or both)
- Gay Rights