- Customers complain for different reasons. The most common reason is because their expectations are not met. Dissatisfied customers can do more than ruin a CSR’s day: they can also steer prospective customers away from the company. In the following exercise, consider a time when you were a dissatisfied customer. Refer to Chapter 6 as you complete this part of assignment. Write a minimum of one paragraph for each topic.
- As a customer, describe two complaints have you had in the past six months regarding a company you’ve purchased from. If you have not had a bad purchase experience in the past six months, you may create a potential scenario or use that of a friend or family member.
- Did you handle these complaints by contacting the company? Why or why not?
- How can a customer service representative learn from the complaints you described above?
- Next, customer service representatives are a company’s front line of communication, and the quality of their communication greatly affects customer retention. Review the Case Study titled “Project 6.5 Resolving Complaints” on page 105 and answer each question. Write a minimum of one paragraph for each topic.
Your final submission should be 1-2 pages.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the Tools & Resources page