Admission essay relevant to the MAN Program Objectives.
The essay should contain the following: Admission essay relevant to the program objectives. (Word document, correct spelling and grammar, in SPA format, and maximum length 3 pages).
- A statement of professional goals and a discussion of the reasons for pursing an MAN degree, Family Nurse Practitioner track. Base your responses in the context of the eight MAN program objectives included in this application packet.
- The essay must be submitted in SPA format, maximum length of three pages excluding title and reference pages.
MS N-FTP PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
Students graduating from the MS N-FTP program will have demonstrated their acquisition of competencies and proficiency related to the following:
- Theoretical Foundations: Synthesize theories and concepts from nursing and other disciplines for application in advanced nursing roles.
- Evidence-Based Practice: Analyze current scientific research for application of findings to initiate change and to improve practice.
- Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Human Diversity: Create comprehensive plans of action that address the health promotion and disease prevention needs of individual, family, and community populations.
- Healthcare Policy, Organization and Finance: Formulate a plan for ongoing contributions to improvement of health care delivery and development of health policy in a cost-effective manner.
- Ethics: Apply an ethical decision-making process in professional practice and in analysis of systems of health care.
- Professional Role Development: Models a professional leadership role that fosters improvement of health care and advocates scholarly activities to advance self and profession.
- Bioinformatics and Technology: Employ bioinformatics and technology in various aspects of the advanced nursing leadership role.
- Advanced Nursing Role: Practice within ethical-legal guidelines, professional policies and regulations, and standards of practice associated with a specialty area of advanced nursing practice.