Assignment 2: Course Project Part I
As part of the course project, in Week 3, you need to identify the public policy problem or issue that can be analyzed for the course project. You should identify one or more Web sites or other periodicals that will be used to assist the research for the course project.
- Identify the nonprofit organization where you work or hope to work as a fundraising manager.
- Identify or create a mission statement for your nonprofit organization.
- Describe briefly the functions and activities of your nonprofit organization.
- Analyze the importance of the five major fundraising principles by describing how they affect your organization.
- Submit a memo detailing the five major fundraising principles, analyzing how they affect your workplace or organization of choice.
- Analyze your current workplace or organization of choice to identify any funding priorities.
- Submit a memo outlining funding priorities and fundraising efforts for your organization.
- Consider the key factors that enhance your organization’s case for financial support. These factors should relate to your organization’s funding priorities.
- Submit a case statement that provides the rationale and justification of fundraising efforts.
As part of the course project, you will perform an analysis of the nonprofit organization you decided to work on to determine organizational readiness for fundraising. You should identify one or more Web sites or other books to identify an appropriate assessment tool.
- Identify organizational analysis strategies, select an appropriate assessment tool, such as a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis to perform your analysis, and describe the components used in the assessment tool.
- Explain your reasons for selecting the tool.
- Analyze the key funding priorities and past or current fundraising efforts of your organization using this assessment tool.
- Write a summary that includes your key findings.
As part of the course project, you will consider the key factors that support your organization’s case for financial support. These factors should relate to your organization’s funding priorities. Identify one or more Web sites or books that will assist you in the development of a case statement.
- Analyze the key funding priorities and mission statement.
- Identify the need for funding and how the funds will be used.
- Recognize your organization’s capacity to address the need.
- Acknowledge the potential benefits if donors contribute to your cause as well as any risks associated if no support is made available.
- Submit your response in a 5- to 8-page Microsoft Word document.
- Organization’s mission
- Need for funding
- Organizational qualification
- Potential benefits and pitfalls
Cite all sources and prepare a reference list using the APA format on a separate page