This assignment is your opportunity to meet the following course objectives: Analyze the impact school leadership has on creating a school vision and Recognize the variety of leadership styles and their potential influence on the vision making process. Additionally, this assignment is your opportunity to demonstrate mastery of the Course Learning Outcome Three and reinforces your competency with the MAED Program Learning Outcomes Two, Five, Six and Nine.
This week in your discussion postings you identified different leadership styles and identified which leadership style you related to the most. You also discussed different barriers that may contribute to and/or affect your ability to lead. In this assignment, we take this learning to the next level with a formal written activity focused on leadership styles and reflection about those in relation to your ability to lead in a school context.
- Leadership Style: Describe your leadership style referencing Marzano, Waters, and McNulty (2005, p. 13-19). Chapter 1 has been included as an attachment.
- Example: Describe a specific example of how your leadership style enables you to be an effective leader even when dealing with school adversity. My leadership style is Transformational Leadership
- Concept/Impression: Explain the concept of shared leadership, your impression of shared leadership, and why you like to be in control or if you prefer to delegate.
- Reflection: Describe a time when a person’s leadership style was in direct contrast to your own and explain how you effectively dealt with the person or situation. If you haven’t had a hard time dealing with others in a leadership position, hypothesize how you might resolve an issue. You can use your own example or hypothesize how you might handle the situation.
- Page Requirement: Two to three pages, not including title and reference pages.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the paper. It is recommended you use the content area labels as headings for each section of your content for the paper.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Your written work should contains no errors and be very easy to understand.
- Source Requirement: Uses no less than three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the reference page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.