Buying a House
Imagine you are a public administrator who has just been promoted to a higher position but must relocate to another city and purchase a different home. Using the five distributing bargaining skills, present the steps and various aspects you would consider implementing in buying a house. Be sure to address the following:
- Analyze the bargaining situation and whether or not it is distributive. If so, determine the reservation price.
- Present the initial offer you would make and apply bracketing to achieve your target price of $310,000.
- Indicate and frame the norms you would utilize in presenting your initial offer.
The Buying a House paper:
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to SPA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three to four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.