The theory of market economies emphasizes freedom of choice and limited government intervention. The classic argument for government intervention is market failure – the inability of the market economy to correct itself from a dysfunctional state (such as the Great Depression).
Examine one case of significant government intervention as it relates to Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, Obamacare.
Develop a 16-slide presentation including detailed speaker notes or voice over including the following:
- Describe the intervention and detail its history.
- Analyze the arguments for government intervention as opposed to arguments for market-based solutions.
- Examine who may be helped and who may be hurt by the selected government intervention.
- Examine externalizes and/or unintended consequences of such intervention.
- Determine the cost trend of the intervention program since its implementation.
- Evaluate the success or failure of the intervention in achieving its objectives and develop conclusions.
- Defend the use of or discontinuation of the selected intervention.
Note: The use of tables and/or charts to display economic data over the time period discussed is highly encouraged.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly references.
Format the assignment consistent with SPA guidelines.