Please include links for all resources used!
How does a pop culture portrayal of science and scientists impact the average person’s view of what science is and how research is conducted? Can what is presented by the media affect how the general populace views a particular research field? What might the long-term impacts of such a depiction be? These are just a few questions that you will reflect upon in this Assignment.
Your paper should address the following questions:
Characteristics of a Scientist
- Describe your image of a scientist
- Provide famous people or characters from the media as examples of scientists and explain what they might have in common
- Describe 3 characteristics of scientists
- Investigate how the image and role of a scientists has changed and why
Influences of the Media
- How are fictional scientists viewed in the media?
- Give 2 examples of either heroes or villains
- How is science viewed in the fictional media
- Give examples of how science is viewed in the fictional media.
- How can media influence how society views science professionals? Support your answer
- Analyze how media can and does influence perceptions of scientific research and technology.
APA FORMAT YOUR Scientifically Valid REFERENCES!!!!! Please avoid Wikipedia!!!!!!!
- A minimum of 1,500 words, not counting the title or reference pages
- At least 3 academic resources utilized
- Include a title page, double space, font size 10 or 12
- Include a highly developed viewpoint/thesis, purpose, and exceptional content
- Demonstrate superior organization: use logic
- Free of grammar and spelling errors
- No evidence of plagiarism. Note: no more than 10% of your paper should be direct quotes
- Use the APA style for all in-text citations, references, and body of paper