1. Read: Swanson and Chermack (2013) e-book as well as the American Psychological Association (2010) and Baltes (1987) articles for this week (make sure to cite all of these sources and discuss in the post).
2. Create your own developmental theory on bullying (you may address bullying in a broad sense, or choose an aspect of bullying (e.g., cyber-bullying, school bullying, sibling bullying) to address theoretically).
a. Develop a hypothesis (see below)
b. Create a framework for the theory (see below)
c. Provide research and review research (see below)
i. Research several peer-reviewed articles on bullying . Look for patterns in the data presented in the articles and compile at least three peer-reviewed articles with similar findings on which to build your theory.
Discussion Format: Use Subtitles for this Assignment
· Hypothesis-Create a purpose statement that defines the phenomenon, identifies the need for better understanding of this issue, and explains human development in the context of bullying trends.
· Framework-Apply the findings within your chosen developmental research articles to the creation of your own research questions and create a hypothesis on bullying behaviors.
· Research Critique-Evaluate the unique scholarly perspectives presented in your research and explain how they support your hypothesis on bullying.
· After creating your hypothesis, you will devise an experiment to test it. Although you will not actually complete the experiment, describe it in detail including the sample, independent and dependent variables, materials needed, procedure, and expected outcomes.
· Analyze any ethical considerations which might affect the viability of your experiment and describe how you would address any ethical concerns regarding the use of your experiment.
· Based on the information you have collected to create your research questions and hypotheses, as well as the expected outcome(s) of your experiment, integrate this evidence into a theory by suggesting a framework for how we should understand bullying according to you, the expert.
o Choose an appropriate name for your theory
o Generate at least two phrases of terminology to explain the phenomenon in your own words.
o Explain how your theory addresses the hypothesis and expected outcomes of your experiment.
o Apply your developmental theory and associated terminology as “scholarly support” to propose solutions for bullying within your provided framework.
American Psychological Association, (2010) Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: Including 2010 amendments Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
HAVE TO USE ALL LINKS AS APART OF DISCUSSION
WRITE IN DISCUSSION FORM NOT PAPER