Prepare a paper that addresses the following requirements:
- Analyze and evaluate the implications of 3–5 major initiatives associated with healthcare reform on the designing and planning of 21st century healthcare information systems.
- Evaluate the challenges associated with each trend and ways to overcome them.
- Include an assessment on the impact the each initiative may have on the following:
- Leadership, governance, and the role of a healthcare chief information officer (CIO)
- Strategic health management information system (HMIS) planning and organizational culture
- Characteristics and capabilities of an enterprise resource planning system
- Review legislation and regulations that could influence the implementation of health information management systems.
- Explain how CIOs might assess the merits of each initiative on vision, mission, and strategy.
- Predict the global trends in the adoption of major standards and use of HMIS over the next five years.
- Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Include at least four scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references. All facts must be supported. In-text references used throughout the assignment must be included in an APA-formatted reference list.
Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.