Please read Chapter 9 Discussion Case “Stop Online Piracy Act- A Political Battle between Old and New Media” (pp. 207 – 208) and provide responses to the following questions below. Also view the discussion case video.
Using the concepts presented in Chapters 8 & 9 as well as the facts presented in this case, provide a one (1) paragraph response to each of the following five questions and respond to two (2) of your classmate’s posts:
- Figure 8.1 provides the types of regulation and U.S. regulatory agencies that impact businesses and society. In your opinion, what U.S. regulatory agency oversees SOPA and why?
- Which of the seven (7) political tactics discussed in Chapter 9 are evident in the case? Provide justification for your choice(s).
- According to this case, Google “reportedly spent $5 million in the first quarter of 2012 to combat SOPA.” In your opinion, would Google be considered a member of a PAC or a Super PAC? Provide justification for your comments.
- In your opinion, what can traditional organizations learn from the new forms of political activity described in this case?
- The support video identifies two (2) tactics used within American borders. Briefly describe both tactics.